This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about the leading ladies that we love. You know, those book heroines that kick butt and make a name for themselves all while being completely awesome.
They make the world that they inhabit a better place and they make you think about life in some way or another.
As I was making the list of ladies that I would put on this list I noticed many similarities:
- They all have strength, both mentally and physically
- They are all kind in some way. They value people closest to them and do anything they can to save them.
- They have a strong sense of determination. They want to get the job done and they work hard to do it.
- They are all fighting for what they feel is right. They will do whatever it is to set things right and make the world a better place.
- They aren’t high on themselves. They know that teamwork is important and that they can’t do everything alone (even though they do tend to try sometimes).
- These women aren’t perfect. They do have flaws. This makes them more real to me as a reader, and makes them even more likeable.
So who are these fabulous ladies you may be asking. Because those are all some pretty solid qualities. Here they are, in no particular order.
1. Scarlet (from the Scarlet series)- This girl is awesome…like seriously, she has all those qualities listed above. She is the best. If you haven’t read this series you really should (the last book comes out in May!).
2. Celaena Sardothien (from the Throne of Glass series)- HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK!?!?!?!? Get on it! That is all I can say. Just do it!
3. Cinder (from The Lunar Chronicles)- I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO READ THE 2ND BOOK IN THIS SERIES. IT WAS SO GOOD AND CINDER IS SO AWESOME (as is Scarlet and other characters in the book)!
4. Katsa (from the Graceling Realm)-Another series that you really should read, especially if you love fantasy. Katsa is amazing.
5. Katniss (from The Hunger Games)- Did you doubt that this would make my list? I mean seriously. Katniss is awesome. And all that she does for her friends and family. All that she sacrifices. Seriously. Now if only she wouldn’t have picked Peeta…
6. Hermione Granger (from Harry Potter, DUH)- Let’s just all agree that Hermione was the WHOLE package and Ron Weasley was lucky that she picked him.
7. Meira (from the Snow Like Ashes series)- This girl…starts as a bit whiney and annoying but REALLY comes into her own and starts to just own it. I don’t really want to spoil anything so…GO READ THIS BOOK!
8. June (from the Legend series)- OH MY GOSH THIS SERIES YOU SHOULD READ IT! I flew through this, and June is just so awesome.
9. Josie (from Out Of The Easy)- OMG…she’s not from a fantasy novel. This book is SO GOOD and this girl is so awesome. She has so much ambition to make her life better than what people expect. It is awesome. Read it! Love her! Do it!
10. Wilhelmina (from The Orphan Queen)- Ok…so I haven’t finished this book quite yet (my stress level has caused me to not read…UGH) but I absolutely adore Wil. She is so awesome. She knows what she’s doing and charges right into it! This book comes out in 2 weeks and I already know that EVERYONE SHOULD GET THIS BOOK!
These BA heroines, and many others, just make books worth reading. Any others to add to this list? Are there other books I should read to get some more awesome women added to this list?