Happy Fall everyone! We are back for another addition to Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the awesome people over at The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme is books that mention yummy foods. Well both of us are huge fans of food, whether its making it or baking it, you’ll always find some good grub at our place! So we are going to come up with a list of some books that started to make our tummy grumble when reading them.
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: Lots of talk of food in every Harry Potter book. Whether it was the treacle tart that Harry was so fond of, Mrs. Weasley’s cooking or the butter beer at the Three Broomsticks, there was something to make you want a little snack in the middle of reading.
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis: Whenever I think of this book the treat of Turkish Delight pops in my head. It must have been a pretty tasty treat if Edmund decides to fall victim to the White Witch in exchange for some Turkish Delight.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer: We knew from the first chapter our tummy’s would be rumbling when reading this book. All the delectable desserts and pastries that Catherine bakes up from beginning sounded all so delicious that our mouths were watering!
- Game of Thrones by George RR Martin: I mean, there’s a whole darn cookbook for this book (which is sitting in Emily’s kitchen right now). Things are swimming in butter and there are lemon cakes that would taste really good right about now.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: That food in the Capitol is NUTS. So decadent that it makes Katniss feel sick. And if that doesn’t do it for ya there is always that bread of Peeta’s.
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: All those french delicacies sound just delicious. And the lemon cake here!? Sounds amazing as well. It’s never good to read while hungry.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl: This is kind of a no duh moment. All that candy that we can hardly even imagine…it all sounds delicious. No worries. We would listen to Wonka’s rules.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: The feasts that are held…the fresh fruits…meat on skewers…freshly cooked veggies…Sorry. We probably are making you hungry by this point.
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye: The first chapter takes place in a bakery. A BAKERY. Every single thing made there, down to the plain old bread, sounds absolutely amazing and definitely like something we need NOW!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas: Literally only made the list because of all the chocolate. Seriously…that girl can’t get enough of her chocolate and we are totally behind her on this.
Question: What are some of your favorite books with delicious sounding food? We want to know what books made you hungry!