I have seen this post many times over at Jamie’s page (The Perpetual Page Turner) and have always wanted to give it a shot. I think it’s fun, personable, and a great way to kind of get to know one another. So, with it being a new year I thought why not give it a shot? But there will be a bit of a difference…we won’t be having coffee. Instead I will be having tea.
If we were having tea…
- I would tell you that I am still going strong with my chapter of War and Peace a day. I honestly don’t know if I could sit down and knock the whole thing out. I am also working on Little Fires Everywhere, which I am super pumped about. Also listening to The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for my classics club. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Are you reading anything right now?
- I would tell you that I am doing my best to combat seasonal depression. My latest thing…coloring. I have been turning on a show that I have watched a few times and cracked open the coloring book to help me relax. How do you combat seasonal depression?
- I would tell you that I am struggling with some massive cabin fever. It’s always cold here and I just need the sun to not be a lie (because here if the sun is out it probably means that it feels like -20 outside and the air hurts your face). How do you handle when cabin fever strikes?
- I would tell you that I am in the process of refocusing my fitness routine. My husband and I are trying to focus at least 3 days a week on lifting, which I am loving. I am also really working on trying to get back into running so that I can accomplish some of my running goals for this year. Do you have a fitness routine?
- I would tell you that my days are starting to fill up again, but with some pretty awesome things. When I first moved to this area I had nothing and no one besides my husband, and honestly we spent a lot of time just hanging out on our own in our apartment. It’s crazy how when you find a group of friends (or even just one or two more friends) your life becomes busy but in the best way possible. I have hockey games, fun runs, shows, movies, and all kinds of other things to look forward to. Maybe that will help this winter sadness. Maybe. How do you spend your time when you aren’t reading?
- I would tell you that I am definitely struggling with getting back into the blog life. I love doing this, I really do. But I am definitely struggling with the balance of blogging and real life (because I honestly didn’t have a lot of issue with that when I first started this blog). I want this to be a blog that I am proud of, that we are proud of, but I think the start is making it a little bit more active.
- I would tell you that I am struggling with my “career” choice. Can you call it a career? I don’t know, but what I do know is that I’m not happy with where I’m at. Definitely struggling to see positives and find my way to something that I want and feel successful at. Things have been stressful at my current job but I have been feeling this way for a long time. Unfortunately I can’t turn off my feelings (my husband’s words) and just stop working there mid-school year. I am definitely riding the struggle bus, but don’t feel I can really give out more details than this. What do you do when you are feeling like you aren’t on the right path in your life?
- I would tell you that I hate ending these things on a downer. So…let’s talk about how much I still love The Greatest Showman. I went to it again the other day and…SPOILER ALERT…it’s still good! Ok, not much of a spoiler but meh. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MOVIE YET?