I have seen this post many times over at Jamie’s page (The Perpetual Page Turner) (I don’t believe she is the original creator of this, but I hope linking back to her page gives credit where credit is due) and have always wanted to give it a shot. I think it’s fun, personable, and a great way to kind of get to know one another. So, with it being a new year I thought why not give it a shot? But there will be a bit of a difference…we won’t be having coffee. Instead I will be having tea.
If we were having tea…
- I would tell you that we have to have tea because coffee makes me so sleepy. I know, you are probably giving me that look like I’m crazy but it’s true. Coffee typically makes me super sleepy. Anyone else have this problem?
- I would tell you that I have a lot of reading going on right now. I am listening to Treasure Island as part of a challenge to read a classic each month. I have finished Kids of Appetite by David Arnold (loved it!) and have moved on to Reign the Earth by AC Gaughen. I am also reading War and Peace. My husband and I are doing a challenge where you read a chapter a day for the entire year (found on reddit). Are you reading anything right now?
- I would tell you that I saw The Greatest Showman on the 1st and I am OBSESSED! The songs are constantly in my head and that could be because when I am not listening to my audiobook in my car (or while working out) that I am listening to that. I highly encourage you to see it if you haven’t because OH MY GOSH ALL THE FEELS!
- I would tell you that my seasonal depression is coming in real strong. I know the country has been pretty darn cold lately, but up here…our highs have been from -3 to maybe 8 (and then you add in the windchill which actually makes it feel like -30). Even with the sun shining I have found that my mood stinks and getting out of bed is hard. Thankfully, a warm stretch is just upon us (but followed by more ridiculous cold…). Anyone have any tips for keeping that seasonal depression to a minimum?
- I would tell you that I have been weirdly focused on fitness lately. Last year I decided enough was enough and I committed to a workout program that had me working out 6 days a week. Now I have to work out anywhere from 4-6 days a week or I am super thrown off. I have taken to weight lifting, yoga, and running, and even plan on trying to tackle a half this year. What do you do to stay moving?
- I would tell you that I had an excellent winter break. I was able to be home with my entire family for the first time since last Christmas and it was a really good time. My brother just this week went to California for the next few months so I probably won’t be seeing him again until maybe this summer? A good time was had by all.
- I would tell you that I am going to my FIRST EVER SHOW this year. I have adored watching Les Miserables or Chicago as a movie, but this year I am actually able to attend a show in March. I am super excited to get dressed up and bawl my eyes out while watching Les Mis happen right before my eyes.
- I would tell you that I am getting the itch to get out of this area for some sort of vacation. It’s cold. There’s not a lot happening right now. I need warmth and sunshine. I am tired of the upper midwest (even though I love being from the midwest). Anyone have any travel plans for the winter?
Hope that you are all having a wonderful January. Hope that you are embracing winter, or at least diving into a really great book.