We all know those stories…the ones we are instantly drawn to because of one element. The setting, character, or something particular about the plot just calls to us and we know that we need to read that book instantly. Yes, I know you are thinking of books that fall into this category as we speak and the different things that draw you to them. This week for Top Ten Tuesday we are listing some of those qualities that make us instantly drawn to a book.
We will more than likely instantly need a book if…
- it’s a fairy-tale retelling, or even loosely based on a fairytale.
- the damsel in distress isn’t really in distress and she’s actually a badass.
- the chosen one isn’t actually the chosen one but are still pretty important.
- the book is bound to make the reader shed some tears.
- the book deals with grief.
- the heroine finds out she has magical abilities.
- the heroine finds out she has a pretty stellar family situation (royalty) and she just can’t seem to remember.
- it’s a book based on Jane Austen.
- it’s a book based off of Robin Hood.
- it’s recommended for fans of Harry Potter (this does not always go so well).
- it’s promised to make us swoon.
- it’s based on WWII era stories.
- it’s a book loosely based off history.
- it’s a book based in medieval times.
QUESTION: What are some things that will make you instantly pick up a book?