Happy Love month everyone! I hope you have something special planned for this coming week to do something with someone you love! Whether that is with your significant other, parent, child, or a really good friend. Get out and show some love to that person that means a lot to you!
Now last week Emily talked about one of her favorite ships from a book series we both have read….Rob and Scarlet from the Scarlet series :). Definitely a great choice! Now with my choice, I’ve decided to go with a couple that has recently hit me pretty hard with how much I love them. They weren’t necessarily put together at first but I think they are definitely meant to be together! So if you haven’t read A Court of Thorns and Roses (SPOILER’S FOLLOWING), I would stop reading right now if I were you because my pick is….
Feyre and Rhysand from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas!
The first book of the series wasn’t my favorite Maas book but that second one (A Court of Mist and Fury) blew me out of the water! And with another book coming out this year (eeek) I can’t wait to see what this ship has in store! There are things to like and dislike about this series so far but I have to say that the relationship that these two have is really what makes me blow through these books.
What makes me love this couple?
- Feyre didn’t start out with Rhysand. It seems like most books, especially YA, the main character finds their main love interest right away in the first book. Not so with Feyre! She had to experience another love that she thought she couldn’t live without and then go through the heartbreak of figuring out that maybe she was with the wrong person. I think that can hit on a personable level with so many different people. And it also makes you realize that not everyone is perfect.
- Feyre and Rhysand’s banter throughout the books. Their conversations have to be up in my all time favorite to read . There were times that I actually laughed out loud at what one of them said to the other. At times I almost wanted to flip to their next conversation because it was so entertaining.
- Rhysand’s devotion to Feyre’s physical and mental health. I love how throughout the second book that Rhysand saw how bad Feyre was from being at the Spring Court and being in a toxic relationship. And even though he knew he couldn’t be without her, he gave her the space needed to heal herself in her own time. There were mistakes made but overall without Rhysand, I don’t think Feyre could have survived.
- They were made for each other. Like seriously, it even says it in the book, they were made for each other. Rhysand being the most powerful high lord ever and Feyre being a combination of all high lords…they definitely are made for each other with how much power they both hold. They also have similar personalities and know what makes the other person tick and can get them to see themselves in a new light (see #2).
- They both have the same values. I think in a relationship that this is one of the most important things to have. Rhysand and Feyre both wants what best for themselves but also their friends, family and people in their court or outside of their court. They hold themselves to high standards and they want to work together to achieve their dreams.
So these are some of my reasons that I love the relationship between Rhysand and Feyre. There are definitely more but don’t want to make this post super long because then you’ll get bored of me. (HAHA) But I will seriously be waiting here patiently until the third book, A Court of Wings and Ruin, comes out later this year! (Only a few more months!!!)
QUESTION: Which couples are thankful that finally got together? Is anyone waiting for the 3rd book to come out like me?
P.S.: DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OUR BUDDY READ OF REBEL OF THE SANDS BY ALWYN HAMILTON COMING UP LATER THIS MONTH! You can check out the details here.