Happy February all! I kind of can’t believe how fast January went, even with all the craziness going on in the world. I just felt like things have really started to pickup and I am doing all that I can to not get lost in the whirlwind of all that is happening.
So, since it’s February we wanted to do something special to celebrate the love that we witness between characters. You know that love where you see it, everyone else sees it, but for some reason the characters take their time making it happen. That kind of love where your heart just melts when they are together. The love that makes you laugh, cry, and feel any other kinds of emotions along with them. This is the kind of love we are talking about. Each week one of us will be sharing a favorite couple of ours and why they are a favorite. So, let’s get started! Emily is the lucky one to share first!
I thought about trying to drag this out and get you to guess just what couple I was going to share with you. But then I remembered…you all know me. If you have been following me long enough then I bet you can guess just who it is I will be sharing. So, here is the couple that I adore so much and am going to share with you today…..
Scarlet and Rob from the Scarlet series by AC Gaughen
This is one of my FAVORITE series over the past few years. I bought the first book on a whim because I thought it sounded pretty cool, and then I became 100000000% addicted. This book, and the two following, had me laughing, crying, and cheering while these characters tackled all that came their way. I should probably start talking about the couple, but if you want to know more about the series check out my 5 Reasons to read it here!
So what is it that I love about this couple?
- They are strong, both individually and together. They both know how to fight for what they believe in, and a lot of times those things line up pretty well between the two of them.
- They were there for each other in the good and bad times. Seriously…they were handed some awful situations while together. Things were hardly ever easy, and there were fights and moments where things seemed rough. Throughout those moments they managed to somehow pull it together and keep going.
- They aren’t perfect. Both are a bit headstrong. Scarlet tends to not listen and does things in her own way, while Rob is out trying to save everyone and sometimes neglects to take care of himself. They have flaws, just like any average couple. I like this. It makes it seem much more realistic.
- They were made for each other. The love that they had for each other was strong, and it continued to get strong throughout each book. They had beliefs in common which helped guide their lives, and they were always looking out for each other.
- They were friends first. I am a firm believer in being friends with your significant other. My husband and I are best friends, and were friends before we started dating. Scarlet and Rob got to know each other as friends before anything else. They spent time together, joked together, and dealt with life as friends before any sort of romance came into play.
- THEY ARE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER AND YOU JUST NEED TO BELIEVE ME AND READ THIS BOOK SERIES OK!?!?
Oh man, now I am getting the extreme urge to reread this series. It is a series that has stuck with me for so long, the first one that I remember absolutely adoring in such a long time. And this couple, this incredible couple, makes it more and more enjoyable with each page. Also, I am a sucker for the Robin Hood story, so having this…it was perfect.
QUESTION: What is a favorite book couple of your? Also, have you read this book series (BECAUSE IF NOT YOU TOTALLY SHOULD!)?