Happy Friday everyone! Hope that you are enjoying the day and looking at an excellent and relaxing weekend ahead of you. It’s crazy to think that we are nearly done with January already. 2017 sure is flying by and I hope that it is treating you well thus far. I know that today is a day that some of you are excited for, and many dread. But instead of talking about the Inauguration and our own feelings about it we decided today is the PERFECT day to talk about what we are looking forward to in 2017.
Books we are excited about:
These are just SOME of the MANY books that we are excited for. There are many more to be discovered that will surely be added to the Book We Need in 2017 list!
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas | Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh | Hunted by Meagan Spooner | The Valiant by Lesley Livingston | Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott | Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza | Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows | Last Stand by Rachel E Carter
- Sibling Visits! I’m hoping to have both of my siblings down to my new place down south. My parents have both been to my new place but my brother and sister haven’t yet. I am super excited to bring them down here and show them around 🙂 It’s definitely a different place than the Midwest!
- New Orleans! My brother-in-law lives in New Orleans and I really would love to visit there! It’s a really cool place that I have never been. Some cool history and culture and the best part…the amazing food. There is something about Cajun food that now holds a special place in my heart. Just talking about it makes my mouth water 🙂
- Taking my Professional Engineering Exam. I have been out in the workforce for 4 years so that means I get to take the next step in my career and get my license to sign drawings. Another 8 hour exam that I will have to conquer but with a lot of studying and hard work I know I can do it!
- MOVIES! I am with Emily on this one…I am so excited for Beauty and the Beast to come out! Love Emma Watson and I’ve seen a few previews for it and it is getting me even more excited. I absolutely love all these live adaptions they are doing.
- Hunting. I am hoping to get my hunters safety this year and go hunting for the first time! My husband is a big hunter and fishermen and I have always wanted to try hunting, so this year I plan on getting my classes done and maybe shoot my first deer!
- Last but not least….I hope I get to see EMILY this year more! Or at least a couple times this year 🙂
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST! OK, I just have a lot of movies I look forward to this year in general, but Beauty and the Beast is on the top of that list ok? Awesome. There are also some awesome sounding shows coming out that I can’t wait for. Thank you Netflix for all your Marvel goodness.
- California! I am more than likely traveling to California this year! I have never been there so I am pretty excited. My sister is graduating from grad school in May so I am hoping to be able (aka I should be able to unless bad bad things happen) to get out there for a few days. We have already made touristy plans and Harry Potter plans so that we can really live it up for a few days.
- Road Trips. I am hoping to do some more (small-ish) road trips this year. My husband is a part of a HEMA club (Historical European Martial Arts) and the Midwest is doing more tournaments so we are looking at a trip down to Chicago this weekend actually (he isn’t competing but we are going to watch) and MN for that. I would also love to get back up to Door County and maybe even try to get to the North Shore this year. Plus I want to get home to see my family a few more times this year.
- Getting out of this little rut I seem to be in. I have some ideas of what is going on with me and what I need to do to fix it. My job is going interestingly (if you are really that curious then email me and we can chat, ha) and I am just looking for ways to make myself happier and more useful, if that makes sense. Hoping to find some answers for the questions I have had since graduation (years ago guys…it’s been years).
- I will celebrate 6 years of marriage to my husband (and 11 years of being together..dang). We never really do anything too special (every year since moving here we have had the local sword tournament), but it’s nice to acknowledge and such.
- HOPEFULLY I will get to see Arika at some point! It’s already been too long.
QUESTION: What are some things that you are looking forward to in 2017?