Discovering new favorite authors is always one of my favorite things as a reader. There are so many amazing authors and fabulous books in the world, and it is so fun to be able to expand the list of authors that you enjoy.
This week for Top Ten Tuesday we are telling you what authors we recently discovered over the past year. And man, did we discover some amazing authors (or just finally read their books!). Here they are, in no particular order…
- Leigh Bardugo: Yep. I finally read her books. I SHOULD HAVE READ HER STUFF SOONER BECAUSE SHE IS AMAZING!
- S. Usher Evans: You need to read some of her stuff guys. She writes some epic romances that are also full of action.
- Erika Johansen: I finally read Queen of the Tearling and I definitely need to continue on with this series!
- Sarah Fine: The Imposter Queen was on my list for a while, and when I got the chance to dive in I just fell in love with her work. Will definitely be reading more from her!
- Jennifer Niven: Her book absolutely slayed me, and I definitely need more from her because seriously…amazing.
- Roshani Chokshi: Even though this wasn’t one of my absolute favorite books of this year, I fell in love with the way that she writes a book. Because man, she can write.
- Ransom Riggs: I have been meaning to get on his books for awhile, and I am so glad that I finally started reading them. I just felt like it was a fun journey and I definitely will need to see what’s next.
- Robin LaFevers: Assassin nuns!? Yes please! I finally dove into the beginning of this series, and will be making sure to catch up over the next year.
- Jessica Cluess: NEW FAVORITE SERIES ALERT! I was so excited to get to read this book this year and am definitely looking forward to more from her.
- Shanna Swendson: Rebel Mechanics really sucked me in (steampunk! alternate history! late 1800’s!) and I am in definite need of the next book in the series.
- Sabaa Tahir: Her first book was a great thriller to read and kept me on my toes. With a story about an elite soldier school where you find two unlikely heroes who are both fighting against the evil Empire, how could you not get a thrill out of that.
- Pierce Brown: I am so surprised I didn’t find his Red Rising Trilogy earlier…such a good book and I have purchased the last two in the series which I am dying to read!
- Robert Galbraith: Alright….I know this is really J.K. Rowling but I love this type of mystery series and the first two books in the series are really good.
- Andy Weir: I read so much fantasy and YA that it was a nice change to read something more around our time (maybe a little futuristic). I loved his humor in The Martian and he had me laughing out loud. And I think the movie actually did the book justice.
- Sharon Cameron: While it wasn’t one of my favorite books that I read this year, I do love her ideas and parts of her books got my heart pumping when the action started.
- Robin LaFevers: Man do I agree with Emily on this one…Assassin nuns! I am excited to read the rest of her books in this series, if it’s as good as the first I won’t be disappointed.
- S. Ushers Evans: Emily recommended this book to me and I couldn’t read the first two fast enough! Totally excited to read the last book!
- Ransom Riggs: I was pleasantly surprised by this book and with the movie about to come out, I really wanted to read the book first. It was a really good read and I have already bought the second one.
- Rosamond Hodge: I loved her recreation of Beauty and the Beast and even though it didn’t get top ratings from me…I am still wanting to read some of her new books that are coming soon.
- Laura Thalassa: The first two books in the series just suck you in and you wonder how they do it. Futuristic book with a king that never dies…I am ready to read the last book in the series to see how it ends.
QUESTION: What are some new authors you discovered throughout 2016?