Can you believe that we are already at Thanksgiving!? It seems like the past few months have just flown by. This week are taking time to talk about what we are thankful for, and honestly…I think that with all that is going on in the world it is the PERFECT time to take a moment to reflect.
Yes, things are tough. Yes, many people are scared of what is to come. Yes, people are upset and confused and hurt. But does that mean you have absolutely zero things in your life to be thankful for? So this week I am going to list some things that I am thankful for, and I hope that you can do the same. I may not have a lot, but I know that I still have more than I could ever ask for. So here are some things that I am thankful for.
- My family- We have gone through quite a bit together. And with all the changes that have come our way 1 thing has stayed the same…we are always there for each other. No matter the distances between us.
- My husband- I can honestly say that he is an absolute blessing, no matter what. He is always there for me, no matter what. He is my best friend and I honestly don’t know where I would be without him.
- My friends- Oh, I have an awesome group of friends. Some that live nearby, others that are many miles away. No matter the distance we always keep in touch. I am so thankful for the friends that I have.
- Faith- I am a believer, and I don’t know where I would be without my faith. I know that people are all over the place with this and I am not about to shove anything in anyone’s face, but I seriously don’t know how I would react to anything these days if I did not have that faith.
- Books- There are SO MANY books that I am thankful for, but two in particular are…The Harry Potter series (because that is a series that I grew up with. I dealt with life right alongside Harry) and The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (it reminded me that I am not alone in my grief even if it feels that way sometimes).
- My Job- Oh, I sure could list some complaints about my job. It is a mentally draining job, doesn’t pay what it should, and a lot of times I just get trashed on. But, in the end, I am so thankful to have a job that I do feel like I am doing something somewhat worthwhile. I feel like I have developed a lot of really great relationships with these kids that they might actually need in their lives.
- Lazy Weekends- Oh my gosh, I love weekends where I can just relax and do whatever I want. I can sleep in (meaning I sleep until like 7, MAYBE 8), take my time getting around to doing things, and just feel relaxed. I mean, I love having plans and everything, but sometimes nothing can beat a weekend of relaxation.
- Blogging- I know there has been so much drama in this community lately, but I have done my best to stay clear and to continue to do this in the way that I enjoy it. I am having fun with it, and I always want to keep it fun.
- Technology- I mean this is a no brainer, because without technology I wouldn’t be able to talk to you guys! Because of the technology that we have today I can keep in touch with all of my friends and family no matter where in the world they are. I found workout programs that I love because of technology. I can learn so many new things because of technology while also keeping up with the sports teams that I love and having fun. Obviously it has its moments of not being so great, but the good moments outshine the bad.
- Moving to Wisconsin- I know, I know…I give WI crap all the time and I get homesick a lot and whatever, but I am thankful that I moved to WI. I think it was the push I needed in a lot of areas in my life. I still have a lot to figure out, but I have come such a long way throughout the past 2 years since moving here, and I hope that some more positive changes come my way.
What are some things that you are thankful for?