I am so excited for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, because I think it is an awesome chance for us to really get to know the blogger behind all of the awesome books they read and bookish things that they do. So, here you go. 10 facts about yours truly…
- I am married. Shocker right? No, not really. I am pretty sure I have mentioned him here and there. What most people don’t know is that we have been together for 10 years (awwww high school sweethearts), and in October we will have been married 5 years. He is my absolute best friend, and I can’t imagine spending my life with anyone else.
- I absolutely love summer. The cold and I do not get along (and yet I live in the upper Midwest…silly me) so I am always super pumped about summer. I love the sunshine, being on the water (when I can be), going for walks, reading outside, cold drinks, bonfires, all of it. I live for summer. I will complain when it gets hot and humid, obviously, but I still would rather have summer.
- I am not a coffee drinker. Oddly enough, coffee either makes me sleepy or makes me feel sick. I can’t drink it. I can’t really drink those fancy frappe drinks either…same results. I have definitely been turned on to loose leaf tea. It just makes me feel all warm and good inside. I love my tea.
- I am the worst mood reader ever. Making a TBR hardly ever works because I always stray from it. Recently I got a bunch of library books I was really excited for, but I only read one of them because I was suddenly in the mood for A Court of Mist and Fury (AH!). I am doing Rock My TBR, but I think I am probably failing at it. I am trying though!
- The only bone I have ever broken in my entire body is my pinky toe. Yep, pinky toe is the worst because there is nothing they can do about it (and I have zero pain tolerance). How did I break it? My friend accidentally kicked me while we were on a trampoline (she will really appreciate this story coming out again). She must have kicked my toe JUST RIGHT because I heard it, pretended that that I didn’t because it freaked me out, and then panicked when it started to turn black and I couldn’t touch it without pain. What made it even better, I had to march in a really long parade the next day.
- It really bothers me that so much of the world does not know the joy and wonder and deliciousness that is cheese curds. Little lumps of deep fried cheese. It is the best fried food ever, and even better if it’s a beer battered curd. I’m sorry all you non-upper midwesterners. You are seriously missing out.
- My favorite animal is the red panada. Because oh my goodness how cute are they!? They are just the goofiest animals and I really wish I could have one of my own as a pet. Seriously, can I have a red panda please!?!?!?!?
- I have a strong dislike for some fairly popular things and people…such as Taylor Swift, Pokemon Go, Hamilton, etc…I guess its just not for me, or the hype scares me, or it’s just too in my face. I don’t know, but I know this one is FULL of unpopular opinions.
- I went to college for Education, specifically Elementary Education. However, I am not really wanting to continue in the path of becoming a teacher. It’s for a wide variety of reasons, but in the end…I just don’t feel like it’s where I am supposed to go. I am glad I went to college for it. I think I learned a lot, but I think my life is heading in a different direction. I really wish that I know what direction that was, but I am working on figuring it out.
- Some things that I fangirled over before I fangirled over books: NSYNC, Nano Babies, Furby (sadly..), BBMak, Lizzie McGuire, CINDERELLA (I still fangirl over Disney movies), Justin Timberlake (I may still a bit…), Polly Pockets (the choking hazards obviously), Magic School Bus, aaand Arthur. (and many other things not listed)
A few pictures and gifs to show you me as well 🙂
So, tell me a bit about yourself. Do we have anything in common? Is there anything else you are just dying to know about me?