One month down, 11 to go! Ok, that’s not REALLY how I am looking at the year, but I am in shock that I am already recapping one month of Rock my TBR. I feel like this is a good way to show that I am going to rock this challenge and do some damage on the books that I have had just sitting around this year.
As you read with my introduction post, I am really excited to finally find a challenge that makes sens to me. I am TERRIBLE at sticking to certain genres when I am making myself or anything like that, so being able to make a list with a bunch of genres is awesome and I have been making progress.
The goal is to try to read at least 1 book a month from my list over the next year. I MAY have gotten a slight head start (but who is really counting those last few weeks of December?) so I have read 2 books so far (out of 23)! You can see my list with completion dates here.
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary Pearson
- I think I liked this one more than the first book! I don’t know what it was, but I felt like I was able to get deeper into the story and really get lost in the world. Not that this didn’t happen in book 1, but I was really working on keeping up with background info and such that I don’t know if I fully got lost. Oh. I got lost with this one.
- CAN I HAVE THE NEXT BOOK NOW PLEASE!?
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman
- This book really covered a heavy subject matter. A part of the world that has touched my life in some ways, but other people have felt it more than I.
- Honestly, I am not even sure how to talk about this book. I didn’t cry while reading it, but I was angry. I was upset. I was confused. I was even a little hurt for the characters. I think the reason I haven’t actually reviewed it is because I have no clue how to do so.
- This book shows the need for really making sure you SHOW your friends that you care for them. Love and compassion are such a BIG deal, and they need to see that. No matter what. You never fully know what someone is going through, and what if you could be the difference?
What is coming up in February?
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman (currently staring at this beauty right now)
- Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (BUDDY READ! We are aiming for mid-February. If anyone else wants in let me know!)
I have more buddy reads planned for March and April! I am so excited to find people that also want to read the same books as me so that we can freak out about them together!
So needless to say, my reading has been pretty good so far this year. I am hoping that trend of awesome reading continues. How have your 2016 reading goals been working during the first full month of 2016?