I still am in shock that it’s 2016. Last year at this time I was so sure that 2015 was going to drag on forever and I saw no end to where I was at in my life. But man, when things started the change they CHANGED FAST and the year kind of disappeared from me. I tried to recap 2015 the best I could, but I still can’t get over just how far I have come within the last year. I am so excited to start 2016.
Yes, I know that we are no 8 days into the New Year and I have been silent. Probably like super eerily silent. I’m still alive. I promise! I was visiting my family for a weekish for Christmas (which was SO FUN! It’s not often we all are in the same area code these days so to all be together was awesome) and then I immediately came to WI to bring in the new year with some awesome friends and then…I got sick. I THINK it was a cold? Not even sure what happened, but I had to use a sick day this week. But I am FINALLY feeling better! But this means that I basically slacked and missed out on a WHOLE WEEK of blogging goodness, like sharing my goals for the year!
I hate calling these resolutions, because then I never accomplish anything. But I do believe in making goals, and I do think that January is a good time to set a routine. Soooooo here are a few goals I have for 2016:
- Read more unknown books. It’s not that I don’t love the popular books. Oh I love my fair share of those books. But there are SO MANY books in this world that are also awesome and also deserve some love. I want to find some books to give some love to!
- Continue my casual blogging ways. Ok, that sounds ridiculous right? But I kind of love how I do this. I like to keep things simple. I think there is less stress in it for me. Obviously if I want to make things fancier I will, but I think I got a good thing going. I will definitely be trying to blog more, but that will come.
- Finish 3 series. This sounds crazy right? I am not a binge series reader though. I kind of bounce around so I am in the middle of MANY series. I think setting this as a goal is good and helps me free up room for more series?
- Send up some blogger love. Basically I need to get better at commenting on the various blogs that I read. There are so many that I think of something and then for some reason say nothing. I need to stop this.
- Cook more. This is more for my personal life, but I need to do this. We kind of haven’t been in the best finacial situation in the past few years, so we make cheap meals. Cheap, easy meals. Cheap, easy, lazy meals. I am totally capable of cooking, I just need to do it!
- Be healthy. No, this is not giving me a specific diet. No, this is not giving me an amount of weight to lose. I just want to be healthy. I want to feel good. I think that it’s always my goal, but it needs to be restated for myself.
- Make sure to take quiet time. I am terrible at taking time to read my Bible, to pray, and to reflect. I am the worst at it. I definitely need to try to get a schedule down because I know I will benefit from this tremendously.
I think these are all so easily attainable, and things that I can continue once I get a schedule down. What are some things you hope to accomplish in 2016?
I hope to have a wonderful and productive 2016 and hope to have more posts up on here soon!