Huge thanks to Zhana over at Confessions of an Addict
for nominating me for this. I am so excited to answer these questions!
The Liebster Award is a tag that helps new bloggers be discovered – it’s also a great way to get to know the blogger!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the nominator has given you.
3. Tag 11 bloggers who have less than 1000 readers.
4. Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Let them know you’ve nominated them through social media or their blog.
1. If you can choose one book to unread, which one would it be?
Hmmmm I think it would either be The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman or The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I know that these are classics and that some people love these books (mostly The Golden Compass) so much that reading that I couldn’t stand it is insane to them. But I hated it. I hated both of these books. But they were required reading so I guess I really had no choice…
2. If you can choose one book to reread for the first time, which one would it be? Oh gosh I would definitely choose the Harry Potter series. To read those all over again for the first time would be fantastic! I definitely envy people who are starting this series completely and totally fresh and even though I love that I read them I am just a teeny tiny bit jealous. It’s cool.
3. Who is your fictional crush?
Most definitely Robin Hood from the Scarlet series by AC Gaughen. I HIGHLY recommend you get this book series if you like historical fiction with some romance. It was amazing and I still, to this day, swoon over that particular Robin Hood. I am sure I could list other fictional crushes, but I will just stick to one…for now…
4. If you can switch places with one fictional character, which one would you choose?
I would say that I would love to switch places with any of the kids in Harry Potter (minus Harry Potter himself…I don’t want all that responsibility). I would love to live in the Harry Potter world and attend Hogwarts and whatnot. I still think that my acceptance letter to Hogwarts is coming. It’s just 15 years late?
5. Do you prefer reading series or stand alones?
I seem to really have a thing for books in a series. I keep saying that I need to read more stand alones, but it just hasn’t happened. I keep getting sucked into these amazing series and just can’t stop. I would love recommendations for awesome standalones!
6. If you can bring back to life one dead author, who would it be and why?
I think I would bring back Tolkien. Mostly because I have questions and want to know what he thinks of the LOTR and Hobbit movies.
7. Which author do you want to meet the most and why?
Oh gosh I would love to meet any author. There are so many authors that have written books that have helped me through some tough situations and feelings of depression and loneliness. I realize they get stories like that a lot that are true, but I also think that it would feel really good to hear constantly just how your work has helped another human being. I would love to meet so many authors. I can’t just pick one guys. I just can’t.
8. Is there a fictional world you would hate to live in? Which one?
Well I think I would really hate to live in Panem. I just don’t think I would love the idea of possibly being selected to compete in this slaughter of children, and then if I make it through without being selected I would be forced to watch children kill each other? Not ok. I loved those books SO MUCH, but I think that’s definitely a world I could not live in.
9. What’s your favorite position to read in?
I seem to just love reading curled up on my couch or bed. I love to be covered by at least 1-2 blankets with a nice, cozy beverage. I love it. I am also a notorious bed reader. I sometimes will just hide in my bedroom for hours and read.
10. Which one of your posts you enjoy writing the most (book reviews, discussions, tags, other features like Top Ten Tuesday and Top 5 Wednesday)?
I really enjoy doing Top Ten Tuesday posts, though I tend to kind of skip around with those from time to time. I also love doing Thursday Tracks as well as various book chats. I will definitely be trying to see what else I can do on my blog this year to get more enjoyment out of it.
11. Share a book that you love, but is underrated.
The Black Mage series by Rachel E Carter. I absolutely adore this series. It’s a fun adventure with characters I have really started to care about. It gives me a few different vibes, like Harry Potter, but not to the point of me feeling like her story is unoriginal and not really her own. She currently has 3 books out in this series, and I have only read 2 of the 3 but they are fantastic. Each story, so far, keeps getting better and better. You can find my review for First Year here.
Alright, so I know it says to tag 11 people, but I am going to just tag a handful right now and add more later! I hope that’s ok! There are so many awesome bloggers that could be tagged!
- What is your most recommended book?
- What hyped book just did not quite live up to that hype (no judgements here, I promise!)?
- What genres do you find yourself reading the most?
- What author do you wish you could be best friends with?
- What is one book character that you relate to the most?
- What is one of your favorite blog posts that you have done?
- What fictional characters would be in your group of friends?
- If you could live in ANY fictional world, which would it be and why?
- What is one genre that you just can’t seem to get into?
- What’s a book that you think MORE people should read?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?