So if you know me you know that I am the most distracted reader EVER! I tend to go with my mood, which definitely leaves a large stack of books sitting in my house that I swear I will get to but…well, later. Because of this I tend to not do any challenges really because I just can never stick to them. I would love to do challenges that have me read a book from a particular genre or whatever, but I am not the right person for that. It’s cool. I can deal with it. Distracted reader RIGHT HERE!
I saw this challenge floating around twitter and decided to do some digging. It just sounded interesting and like a possible challenge that I could totally take on. After reading the intro post over at The YA Book Traveler I knew this was for me!
So basically I pick books that I already own and plan to read them over the next year. I have to try to read AT LEAST 1 book a month from this list. Judging by how many books I have read during 2015 (I think I’m at 42 right now, which will probably still go up before the end of the month) I decided to make for 1-2 books from this list a month. I hope to at least read 12 of these books, but maybe I’ll read more. WHO KNOWS!? I just know that there are books coming out in 2016 that I will definitely be wanting to read. So, here’s my list…
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E Pearson *currently reading
- Empire by John Connolly and Jennifer Ridyard
- The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
- Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- Dreadnought by Cherie Priest
- The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
- Valiant by Sarah McGuire
- The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
- Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
I think I can handle this guys! Right? HA, I hope so..
Have you read any of these books? Because I would love to know what I should prioritize (the list was made based off of what came to me at the moment and in no particular order at all).
Are you hoping to read any of these in 2016?