WHOOOOOO I’m back on the Top Ten Tuesday train! Well, at least I hope to be. I have been feeling pretty meh lately and I thought that this would be the PERFECT list to jump in on to try to get myself going again. I really do love to blog and am really trying to think of new things, but my mood has been fairly cruddy and has not helped, but I am so glad to finally be trying to do TTT again, and man…do I have some KILLER series that are all published that I seemed to have not finished. Though it seems I can only find 6 that I have read and need to finish, so I am adding a few series that are completely published that I have been meaning to read for awhile and just have not gotten there yet for some unknown reason. We’ll start with what I have read and need to finish first…
- SONG OF THE LIONESS by Tamora Pierce: I have always heard people OBSESSING over Tamora Pierce’s books, but it was one of those things that I felt was cool for those people and that I would maybe get to it later. Then my round 2 Secret Sister got me the first book in the series and I decided it was fate. I am not at all disappointed that I read it. I am actually kind of disappointed it took me so long to start reading her books. I read that book not too long ago and will definitely be needing to continue with this series and to read more!
- FIRE AND THORN by Rae Carson: I absolutely loved the first book in this series. Adored it. Flew through it. Why did I stop? I feel like all my motivation just like halted as I got distracted by all kinds of other pretties. I have the 2nd and 3rd book of this series sitting on my shelf and I WILL get to them soon!
- SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi: OH MY GOSH WHHHHHHYYYYY? I have absolutely no idea why I have not finished this series yet. I read the first book in a matter of 24 hours. I just could not put the book down, and then I checked out the 2nd one and got scared? Scared to not love it as much as book one obviously but also scared that I would break it (seems the library patrons in my area don’t totally get the concept of taking care of books. I think every single one I have checked out since moving to this town has been damaged unless it’s brand new). I am so sad I haven’t finished this yet, and I definitely need to soon.
- GRACELING REALM by Kristin Cashore: I read all but the very last book in this series. I own that book. I have such easy access to it. And I have had so many people tell me that Bitterblue is their favorite of the series. I just don’t get why I haven’t finished. I think I am one of those people that is terrified to be finished with a series, because then what is next? Nothing. It’s just one book. I just need to read this one book. I can do this.
- UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi: Oh that first book. I was in love with that first book. I devoured each and every page of that book and was so desperate to be able to get the 2nd book. And then it seems that once I had the opportunity to actually read that book I just decided not to. I seriously have series commitment issues. How I stick to some and not others I will never know. GET ON THIS EMILY! Seriously…
- ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis: I feel like this one could easily have the exact same list of excuses and explanation as the one for the Graceling Realm books. I demolished this series except for that last book because I am terrified of any series ending. I have terrible flashbacks of how Mockingjay ended and I guess I think by not reading that last book it will never happen? I have no clue.
- HIS FAIR ASSASSIN by Robin LaFevers: I have book 1 and 2 and have not yet started, but I am so excited to start. Assassin Nuns? YES PLEASE! I hear so many good things about this series and I cannot wait to get on this one.
- THE GRISHA by Leigh Bardugo: I have heard so many good things about this book and the way it is written. I hear so many people are obsessed with his series. And thanks to my current Secret Sister it is now sitting on my tablet just waiting to be read.
- DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor: This one has been on my radar for awhile, and then my awesome friend Kelly marathoned the whole series and said that I needed to read it (it was on sale on the kindle and I was in the middle of a battle with myself wondering if I should or should not get it and she screamed YES!). This series sounds super interesting and I am very intrigued to see where it will go and how it will handle the content.
- LUMATERE CHRONICLES by Melina Marchetta: I feel like this is one I mention I have never read and then go hide in the corner so no one can hurt me for not reading it. It has been on my radar for a LONG time. Been on my TBR for a long time. I just can’t seem to get my hands on this series. I hear nothing but wonderful things about it and I cannot wait until I can eventually get my hands on it and dive in.
Is anyone upset by the fact that I haven’t finished these? If you are I get it. I totally get it. My questions for you….
- Do we have any series in common that we both just have yet to finish?
- If you were to pick one of these series for me to finish which one(s) would it be and why? I am definitely looking to finish up a few more series this year (that was my goal) and I gotta start somewhere.
Until next time my book loving friends!