Welcome back to Spectacularly Swanky Saturday! If you are wondering what this is all about head on over the Kelly’s page for info. Last month some of did some buddy reading and gave you our thoughts on The Kiss of Deception! It was definitely a lot of fun to read a book with these ladies that I talk books with CONSTANTLY because then we can squeal, flail, and ask questions as we are all reading it. Loved it.
This month we are talking about the guys in books that make us swoon a bit. You can’t pretend it doesn’t happen. There’s always that character that does things you may find sweet and you find their commitment to another just wonderful. Sometimes you wonder why they aren’t real (because, let’s be honest…how many of us picked a side in the Team Edward vs. Team Jacob battle…basically anyone reading more than the 1st book. Team Edward, BTW. I only kind of stand by that now…).
I am also so happy to be having Chelsea on the blog again! She was talking all her feels for KoD last month and I am sure is pretty pumped to give us a bit about her favorite book guy!
Thanks Chelsea! I must remember that if I ever fall ill with that horrible disease to look towards my dear friend Mr. Darcy (this would explain why my cold last week sucked).
Obviously Mr. Darcy is a fantastic book guy. Seriously, amazing. I know very few people that would disagree with that. But there are some other awesome book men, so please excuse me while I fangirl and use gifs to show emotions about some of my favorite men from books:
- ROBIN HOOD (from the Scarlet series by AC Gaughen): If you are shocked then we clearly need to get to know each other better. I kind of have that stereotypical thing for Robin Hood characters, and this one in particular is so swoon worthy. First off, his eyes….oh his eyes just sound gorgeous. I think Scarlet describes them every single book and the blue just sounds like perfection. They sound like eyes to get lost in (and it’s possible I got lost in the descriptions of his eyes..). This Robin Hood (and most others I guess) is that guy that would give his life to protect those that he loves. He fights hard for what is right, and fights to keep his people (and romantic interest) safe. But he also kind of knows when to back off (note KIND OF). He’s that selfless guy and ohhhhhh he has a way with words. I am still not over this series. Not at all. I need it back in my life. I am seriously having the WORST time describing this all for you and I hate that, because he is just the greatest and OH MY GOSH CHELSEA JUST FINISH THIS SERIES AND SWOON WITH ME PLEASE!!!
- “I’ll keep your heart, Scar,” he whispered. “If you keep mine.”
- DAY (from the Legend series by Marie Lu): I think he kind of has this bad boy kind of turned good aspect to him. In the beginning he’s a criminal. Everyone is out looking for him and he’s even a little mysterious (because him being a criminal is such a mystery right away). I just loved seeing the goodness in him and how much he cared for so many people (he fought hard to keep his family safe, even from a distance). He is a fighter, which clearly is something I like to see. I love seeing him grow and change too, and seeing how he matures to situations while still holding on those those he cares about.
- “You’re the scariest, most clever, bravest person I know, and sometimes I can’t catch my breath because I’m trying so hard to keep up. There will never be another like you. You realize that, don’t you? Billions of people will come and go in this world, but there will never be another like you.”
- TAMLIN (from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas): Ohhhhh Tamlin. What is it about you that I just love? Well for one, you are so incredibly caring that it should be annoying but it’s not. He goes out of his way to keep someone safe that he honestly could have just killed or ignored. But he doesn’t just do that, he strikes up a friendship and continues to add to that feeling of safety and caring. I should probably mention that this is a Beauty and the Beast retelling of sorts (in case you didn’t know that) and when he gives her a library (but not really a library, but the part inspired by that part)….ohhhh that was probably when I was all for him. All the heart eyes to Tamlin.
- “I love you,’ he whispered, and kissed my brow. ‘Thorns and all.”
A few other notes about the guys I prefer in books: I am 100% Team Gale (though Katniss probably could have done fine on her own), Four is a fantastic guy (and Tris could be stupid way too often), I like Thorne but seem to prefer Wolf, and I am team Chaol.
Wow, that was fun. How much of my post was actually coherent is unknown but I think you will get the general idea for all things. Any books characters that just make you swoon a bit? Feel free to share in the comments!
Feel free to join in on this month’s Spectacularly Swanky Saturday (and all the other ones too!). Just be sure to use the hashtag #SwankySat so that we can see all that joined. Also feel free to leave your post in the comments! I love adding new books to my TBR and always love to add books with swoony characters.
(Check them out…Kelly and Lauren (Live, Love, Read), Lindsey (Bring My Books), Brittany (Please Feed the Bookworm), and Chelsea (She likes to bounce from blog to blog but you should DEFINITELY add her on goodreads!))
September 5th – Build your Bookshelf! Create your own dream bookcase. What does it look like? What knick knacks are on it? What books are there? What color is it? Use pictures or just describe it!