I am definitely one of those people that has read a lot of hyped books, but yet again has been scared away from books by the hype. I don’t know what it is. I think it depends on WHO is hyping it up. If its someone that I have super similar tastes to then I am all over it. I get scared and avoid it when people are all OMG THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK YOU HAVE TO READ IT YOU WILL LOVE IT and kind of give me no chance to have any other opinion.
However, my list for this week DOES include a lot of hyped books that I do hope to eventually get to. Some of them I own and just haven’t gotten to yet. So here are the top 10 hyped books I have not read yet (no one hurt me please..):
- The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon: Talk about a series that kind of sort of terrifies me. It’s not even on my TBR, that’s how scared I am. The love that people have for this is INTENSE and the size is quite large.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I do like contemporary from time to time, but this one has such an intense following that I am kind of scared. The hype has just kept me over here watching all of you love it.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: KELLY PLEASE DON’T BE TOO MAD AT ME! I know you adore this book. A lot of people adore this book. And I do plan to read it, but man is there some intense love for it. I dunno if that’s why I haven’t really made a huge effort in getting it or what.
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski: This book just sounds like something I would be all over, and I have it sitting here waiting for me to open it and I just haven’t gotten to it yet. But I plan to oh so soon! I hear a lot of good things about it.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: I loved The Girl You Left Behind by her and I keep hearing wonderful things about this other book by her. Honestly, I feel like the only reason I haven’t been able to read it is because it is ALWAYS checked out at the library.
- Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard: This book is very highly talked about, and I have gone back and forth about it SO many times. I just get a little nervous that I won’t love it as much as everyone else. Maybe one day I will get to it.
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: Honestly, I have not read any of her books, but this particular one sounds like something I would really enjoy right? Well people have such an intense love for this series that I never see it at the library and that I am scared to get involved. There’s always that fear that it just won’t live up to everyone’s talk of it.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab: Another book that sounds like something I would love. I have never read anything by her, but everywhere I look I find people are just obsessed.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: I kind of wonder if I should have put this as #10 so then people would read the WHOLE list without getting upset with me. This book is hard to get my hands on to. But it is also so hyped that I think when I do get it I make excuses because what would happen to me if I didn’t like it?
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: I do love contemporary and this particular one has some strong hype. However, there are some people that say it doesn’t quite live up to it (though it was very good). I am very curious as to what side I will end up on on the day that I do get a chance to read this book.
I would say that about 7 or 8 of those are on my list of books that I do plan to get to. The others are there and they are options, but they aren’t very likely. I love that you all LOVE some of these books to pieces. I know that there are books that I feel the same way towards, and I hope that my love for a book has not ever scared anyone from it. Keep having all that love for these books guys! It’s awesome.
Any hyped books that you haven’t read?