This is such a tough list for me to make because I am TERRIBLE at sticking to a TBR. I think I read 1-2 off of my spring TBR and my winter one was pretty pathetic as well. So…this is a list of books I would LIKE to read for the summer, but some will probably change (though I know I will get 1-2 of them read). So…here we go:
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary Pearson: I am reading this one with a few fabulous ladies for next month’s Swanky Saturday post (which will be up on Friday, July 3rd due to the 4th of July and whatnot). Feel free to join us or buddy read another awesome book! I am pretty pumped about this one.
- Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan: Thanks Kelly for lending me this lovely! I promise to get to it as soon as we finish Kiss of Deception. This one just sounds awesome.
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski: It’s just sitting there staring at me, begging to be read. I best give in and read it right? This is just another that seems to be completely and totally for me.
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini: Just so Kelly can stop bothering me (ha I kid I kid!). I thought this one sounded interesting and hearing a friend tell me just how much they adored it makes me want to read it even more. This summer. I will try to make it happen this summer.
- Apprentice (The Black Mage #2) by Rachel Carter: Yep, I plan on buying this for my tablet ASAP and reading it because I adored the first book and I just need to read more!!!
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: Another book that is sitting in a pile taunting me, begging to be read! How can you say no to assassin nuns? You can’t…
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I started this book, but got distracted by new and shiny books. I will read this one. It just sounds so amazing, and I don’t really read a lot of books in outer space soooo why not?
- Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver: I figure I need to mix it up a little bit and this book sounds fantastic (and I got it for a steal thanks to those fantastic kindle deals).
- The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson: My goal for this year it to finish a few series that I am still in the middle of. Time to tackle that goal. Will just need to remind myself what happened in book one, but I know I loved it and cannot wait to get back into this series.
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi: I really need to get on this guys. I loved Shatter Me. Why have I not read the rest of the series yet????
If I had it my way I would read all of these and more, but I tend to switch what I am reading with my mood and that makes sticking to a TBR tricky. But I would love to just lay outside all summer long next to the lake and read these books. Is it possible to do that and STILL get paid? No…darn.
What are some books that are on your TBR for the summer? Any we have in common?