Don’t act like you don’t have books that you just know you aren’t going to read. We all do, for a wide variety of reasons. It could be that it’s just not your type of story, too much hype, too many negative reviews, etc. Well…I do LOVE books but there are definitely some that I know I will not be reading anytime soon. So here are 10 books I know that I will never pick up (more than likely)(and please, no one hate me. We all have our own opinions)…
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin– Yea, yea, yea. Calm down. I tried the first book and had a hard time with his writing (and with the length…WOWZA!). It just drips with details I don’t care about. And to see how mad people get when the show deviates from the book…I just don’t need that in my life. No thank you.
- Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien– Yep, sorry guys. I just don’t see myself finishing it. I read The Fellowship and struggled HARDCORE. I absolutely adore The Hobbit, and I love the movies that have come from that work (but are not the same I know….GET OVER YOURSELF PEOPLE IT’S AN ADAPTATION…sorry, pet peeve of mine..) but since I struggled so much I just don’t see myself picking the rest of the books up.
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand-No one kill me. I realize this book has ALL the hype. And I even bought it (at Half Priced Books) because I thought I could do it. Well…I can’t. It’s not my genre, not my type of story. I just can’t. I’m sorry.
- His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman– Oh I did not like The Golden Compass. I realize some people love this series and I am sorry, but no. Not for me. I have so many problems with it and felt like it just drug on and on. I will not be finishing this series. No thank you.
- The Maze Runner series by James Dashner– Ok, I read the first two books. I really enjoyed the first book and then there was the 2nd one, which was just meh in my opinion. But I wanted to keep trying so I do have the 3rd book (and maybe one day I will get to it). I just feel like it went downhill and with the movies being made (and me actually liking the movie a little bit better than the book) I just feel like I don’t NEED to finish this series (does this make me a bad reader?).
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare– I just can’t. Did I read the first book? Yes. Did I like the first book? Yes. But after putting down the first book did I need the 2nd one? No. My feelings towards this book faded so fast and I realize I honestly do not care. The world got boring to me. I just felt like I couldn’t do it.
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare– I read the first 4 books. I read the first 4 books. I really enjoyed the first 3, but then book 4 came around and I wasn’t really having it. Then I thought the story should be over but books just kept coming. I have nothing against the series at all, I just lost interest and didn’t feel the need to catch up.
- Delirium series by Lauren Oliver– Maaaaan, did I love the first book. I really did. I reread this one so that I was prepared for the 2nd book. And man, did I not like the 2nd book. I have no idea what it was but something wasn’t right and I just could not continue on.
- Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater– I did not like Shiver. I read it and feel like maybe I expected one thing and got another. It was not for me. No reason to continue on with a series if its not my thing right?
- Matched series by Ally Condie– No one is going to kill me right? Because I know some people think very highly of this series. I got bored. I feel like there was all this stuff that was supposed to happen that just did not. I dunno. Not something I want to keep up with. I kind of wonder if I was just TOO into Dystopian at that time and had overdone it.
DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANYONE WHO READS THESE BOOKS! EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINIONS AND I DO NOT WANT YOU TO THINK THAT I AM TRASHING THESE BOOKS AND THINK THAT NO ONE SHOULD READ THEM.
If you think some of these books sound interesting, or if you love them, tell me! I would love to know if there were things that I was just missing out on when I started the series or if I am just unable to look past something rather silly before picking them up.
What are some books that you know you won’t be picking up any time soon?