This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is focused on those characters that we are just DYING to know how they are holding up. I know each author ends each book and story in their own way, and I am not at all unhappy with the endings (for the most part I am 100% happy with them) but I just want to know what is going on in these character’s lives since I as a reader left them.
So here we have it…in no particular order….
- Eleanor from Eleanor & Park: Let’s just say…THAT ENDING. It kind of wrecked me (in a good way I promise) and I just am so curious where she ends up, how she gets there, and how she is handling life. I suppose I could go for also knowing what happens with Park and whatnot too. I just want to know that they are happy in their lives.
- ALL characters from Harry Potter: Yeaaaa….I know that there was that little epilogue and everything but I WANT MORE! JK Rowling…DO YOU HEAR ME!?!?!? I just want to know if their lives still intertwine. Are they all still friends? How are their kids? I JUST WANT TO KNOW IT ALL!
- Eleanor from Illusions of Fate: Yea, I loved her. She’s that friend we all need to have in our lives. I would LOVE just a whole little companion novel about her. She just intrigued me. Everyone just constantly underestimated her and I would love to see what she is FULLY capable of…and you know that she would NOT hold back in her own viewpoint.
- Skylar from I’ll Meet You There: I just really want to know what happens with her life. Throughout the book you see the goals she wants to accomplish. You see the mountains she has to overcome and I just want to know how she matched up. I want to know if she ends up back where she started (though I highly doubt it). I just want to see how she is doing.
- Josh from I’ll Meet You There: Yea, I bet you are wondering why this isn’t included with Skylar, but I could go with separate check ins with each of them. I want to know how Josh is handling his PTSD. Has he moved forward as much as is possible? Did he hit any setbacks that put him back to square one? I just want to know how he is and where he is going. He was one of those characters that I could see being capable of SO MUCH and I just want to see where his life is.
- Marlee from The Selection series: Her life was ALL OVER THE PLACE. She was always my favorite, and her story was…INTENSE. I just want to see where she is at as well. I want to know if her life is as it was when we last saw her, or is it better? I just HAVE to know! IS SHE GOING TO BE IN THE HEIR!?!?!?!
- Mia and Adam from If I Stay: Yep, I put them together because THEY HAVE TO STAY TOGETHER FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER (and yes, I did read book 2. No worries guys). And I want to know where their lives are at. Where are their careers at? Are they happy? I just want them to be happy (even if I have specific ways that I want them to be happy)…
- Hazel Grace from The Fault in Our Stars: Because why wouldn’t I want to know where her life is at? How is her health? What has she done with her life since we last saw her? How is everything working out for her? I JUST GOT TO KNOW!!
- Day and June from the Legend series: I kept these two together for one very specific reason…I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE WORLD IS LIKE FOR THEM NOW. If you have read this you know what all happened, if you have not read this READ IT (but I guess you can imagine that their world is different from book 1 to book 3). I want to know what has changed, how its changed, and how they feel about it. I also want to just see where they personally are at. I must know these things.
- Nastya and Josh from The Sea of Tranquility: I need to know how they have overcome their past obstacles. I need to know if they still are together or if they even talk anymore. I need to know how their lives have turned out after all the craziness that happened in this book (READ THIS BOOK PEOPLE).
I just think you should know that this is me at the conclusion of coming up with this list:
How about you…any characters you can think of that you would really love to check up on just to see where they are at? Are they the same or different than mine?