We all seem to add books to our TBR constantly, or we talk about how we think we need to read it and the list just kind of stacks up. Well, let me tell you…I have recently been on a TBR adding binge. I just keep seeing things that spark my interest and adding them to the never ending list. So here we have it…my 10 most recent additions to my TBR (with the most recent of the recent additions first…).
- The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne: This just sounded super interesting and a little out of my fantasy genre that I seem to be stuck in (not that being stuck in that genre is a problem necessarily, but I have this fear of overdoing it.).
- Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee: A little historical fiction for you. It said for fans of Code Name Verity…and we ALL know that I am most DEFINITELY a fan of that book!
- A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas: Fairy tale retelling? You know that I am most definitely in! I see some mixed reviews but eh, I don’t care. I kind of really want to give it a shot and see where my feelings for it are. Can’t believe everything everyone says right?
- The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman: Compared to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (fantastic movie, but maaaaaaan did it wreck me just a little bit)? YES PLEASE! This book looks like it could be fantastic, and I love the multiple view points. Cannot wait to get my hands on this one.
- The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons: This just sounds like such an interesting and intense concept and I am so curious as to how it will all play out. It makes me kind of nervous because sometimes opinions on women and writing with this sort of concept could go poorly, but it seems to have been received pretty well so I want to give it a try.
- Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes: It starts off by saying “For Fans of Gone Girl,” which is something I was a fan of as far as a story goes. This sounds interesting, and one that could have me hooked and keep be reading for the entire day. I am always down for a good mystery.
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: I keep hearing about this book all over the internet. And then I talked to some people who have actually read it and decided that YES! I do need to read this book. It sounds so intense and hard to put down. I feel like I just have to read a thriller like that every so often. I hope this lives up to the hype!
- Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul: This sounds…intriguing. It seems to be the type of books that I’m adding lately. Books like this interesting me because it reminds me to move forward and past relationships that have that potential. I also see them as redeeming and stories that teach you to let go of the past and look to what’s right in front of you. I hope this one is like that.
- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: This was one of those that I kept seeing people talk about but for some reason failed to add it to by TBR. And then I recently noticed this and was like WHYYYYY!? So it is added. It sounds perfect for my fantasy loving self!
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab: I was going back and forth about this one and I have no clue why. People seem to LOVE this one and I want to know why. The cover is awesome and it sounds like an interesting story…so therefore it has JUMPED into my TBR.
And there you have it…my most recent additions to my TBR. How do our TBR’s match up? Any on here that you are just DYING to read? Which ones should I be sure to get my hands on ASAP?
Oh…and just a little reminder of awesome things to come….
Be sure to check out the first of the Spectacularly Swanky Saturdays this Saturday (April 4th) hosted by the Swank Six! We would love any and all people to participate so feel free to do so! Or just come talk bookish things to us! We would love that too! Join in on the fun!