Should we talk about how hard it is to pick 10 favorite books from the last 3 years? Because it’s pretty darn hard. How did I do it? I kind of just picked the books that have stuck with me the most. Books that I continue to refer to, continue to recommend to people, and continue to fangirl over.
Did I cheat? Maybe…but I highly doubt I am the only one to do so. So…here you have it. My top 10 favorite books from the last 3 years (in no particular order):
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell: PERFECT Romantic comedy. It just flowed so well, as all books by Rainbow Rowell seem to do. It took me by such surprise and left me with the most ridiculous book hangover that only another Rainbow Rowell book could bring me out of! I loved it!
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas: I have read all of these books (minus the novellas, which I have and plan on reading ASAP) within the last year. They definitely set off my recent obsession with the fantasy genre that I just can’t seem to move on from. Awesome characters. Awesome story. If you have not read this series GET ON IT! I yelled that super nicely, no worries.
- Legend series by Marie Lu: I felt like this took the place of The Hunger Games in my life. I adored this series. It was a unique, dystopian world and I just felt so transported there. Having two POVs was awesome. I felt like that let me get to know them and love them more. An excellent series (and all 3 books are out so you have no waiting to do!).
- Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay: This book! I had been anticipating it so much and it did not disappoint. It’s one of those books I was lost in, and I felt so much for the characters. It was to the point where I wanted to drop everything I was doing just to help them. The portrayal of grief was great and the bond the characters had was amazing. Fantastic read.
- Scarlet series by A.C.Gaughen: Have you ever had a book that made you feel all kinds of emotions to the point where you throw the book in frustration of the situatsions characters are in…only to pick it up and continue reading? Yep, this series is just that. I love Robin Hood, a lot, and this retelling was really interesting and unique. And Robin made me swoon just a little bit. The story was great, the action was fantastic, and the romance was perfect.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio: Yea, this book was as amazing as people have said. It tackles the topic of bullying, which is something we hear so much about these days. It broke my heart, and made my smile. August was amazing. The multiple POVs were great and I just want to push this book into everyone’s hands so they can read it and feel what I felt.
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: I read this book in a day, it was THAT good. It was fast paced, the characters were fantastic, and I cried a little. It had everything I could have asked for, and I got that and then some. I honestly can’t talk this book up enough.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: This series is ADDICTING. Yes, I know…I still have to read Cress and Fairest (BUT I HAVE UNTIL LIKE NOVEMBER FOR THE FINAL BOOK SO LEAVE ME ALONE!), but I can’t get over it. The series constantly has something going on, and the retellings of various fairy tales makes it so much more interesting. I love it, and I can’t wait to continue to dive in and fall in love with this series even further.
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell: Rainbow Rowell, she is perfect. Her books just flow, her characters seem so real, and she gets me to really feel for them. This story was beautiful. The romance felt real. The situations they faced felt real. They broke my heart in the best way possible. Amazing.
- If I Stay (AND Where She Went) by Gayle Foreman: I listened to these books in my car…awkward. But what a beautiful story. And reading both just was necessary. I honestly think Where She Went got to me more than If I Stay, but I have no clue. It’s just a gorgeous story of survival and holding on to what is important to you. It’s about grief and moving on, while looking at what wonderful things we may have had in our past. And Adam and Mia….ugh what a wonderful couple.
UGH GUYS THAT WAS SO HARD!
There are sooo many books I could have included, but these have just stood out to me so much when looking back at the books that I have read and when I look to see what books I should try to recommend to other people.
What about you…what are some of the best books you have read in the past few years? Have you read any of mine?
And feel free to just dance your way out of here…