This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about those darn bookish problems all book nerds encounter. The list I’m about to complete will probably frustrate me to NO end but it’s always nice to share my problems and hope that someone else can relate. I’m all for starting a support group! So, you may be asking…what are those bookish problems that you encounter Emily? Well, since you asked….
1. I AM THE MOST DISTRACTED READER EVER! Seriously, I get distracted by new, shiny books ALL the time. I shouldn’t be allowed into a bookstore or library when I am perfectly happy with what I am reading (which is probably like all the time). I will find something, and I will put down my current book for that new something. It doesn’t matter if I love the current book or not. I just have to start something else.
2. I WILL REFUSE TO LET MYSELF READ IF I AM NOT PRODUCTIVE. Ok, this may not be a complete bad thing, but it’s like I can’t even reward myself for accomplishing something because ALL the things aren’t done. Hence why I have not picked up my current book since FRIDAY (yes, Friday…). I haven’t unpacked my entire apartment yet and have not went back to clean the other one. I just can’t seem to talk myself into rewarding myself for unpacking the kitchen or bedroom or majority of the living room (I’ve only been here since Saturday).
3. I KEEP READING BOOKS IN SERIES! I love series books, I do. But it seems like I just can’t get enough. I have so many different series to catch up on and finish, but I just keep finding new series to add. I guess this goes back to something shiny? I just find that series can be their own category.
4. I KEEP TELLING MYSELF I’LL TRY SOMETHING NEW. I have been in such a huge fantasy kick lately. I love it, but I am terrified of overdoing it. But can I find something non-fantasy related to read? No. I have one book I plan on starting after my current read that is not fantasy, but I have a feeling something shiny and fantasy related will appear in front of me.
5. I KEEP ACCUMULATING BOOKS. It’s one of those things I love to have. I see a use for nearly all of them. I really do. But after my move this weekend (and my family’s not so subtle way of telling me I need help) it’s just become obvious that I need to stop. But then on Sunday we went to a bookstore and I definitely eyed up a few books (no worries, I did not buy…yet).
6. I ALWAYS FIND A REASON NOT TO READ. With the internet and Netflix and honestly just trying to calm down…I kind of forget to read sometimes. RIDICULOUS RIGHT? But I just find other things to occupy my time, and then I remember that I was going to read my book. But this realization comes at 10 or 11 at night, and I’m ready for bed.
7. MY TBR CONTINUES TO GROW. Seriously, I keep adding books. I have accepted that I will not read every book I have said that I want to in my lifetime. It’s a fact, but it doesn’t mean I don’t want to read those books. They just seem to have less of a priority. I love getting book recommendations. I really do. Keep them coming people! I do like the idea of never running out of things to read.
8. I HAVE SO FEW PEOPLE TO TALK TO ABOUT MY FEELINGS. It seems that my friends that do read either read different books than me (which is totally cool. Everyone has their own tastes) or they are planning on reading it later on. But when a book just crushes me emotionally I have nowhere to turn. Seriously. Someone help me out here.
9. I DON’T READ AS AVIDLY AS SO MANY PEOPLE. I read pretty quickly, don’t get me wrong, but I am not one to read more than 4 books a month, if that. I so wish I was, but I just don’t. I try everything I can to make myself do that, but I can’t. I just don’t read as quickly as some (though I read pretty quickly) and it drives me up the wall. Curse you people not prone to getting constant book hangovers and that can be reading more than one book at once.
10. I HAVE SLIGHT BOOK ENVY. I see so many people getting so many awesome books and I just want them. I think I handle it pretty well nowadays, which is why I say slight book envy. For awhile it was bad. For awhile it seemed that all these new releases were on my radar and people were getting their hands on them and it just was not cool. I’d like to say I’m better now, but there are moments where it’s there. It is definitely the least of my bookish problems.
So what about you…what are some of your bookish problems? Or are you bookishly perfect (because if you are I SO want to know your secrets)?