This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about those goals/resolutions for 2015. Now, I hate making resolutions. I think that as soon as I make it a New Years Resolution it’s automatically not going to happen. If you can make a New Years Resolution work for you then that’s awesome. For me, it just doesn’t happen. I resolve to work out and that last a couple weeks. I resolve to eat better and then I look at my bank account and see what I can actually afford. I do, however, make goals. They could be called my goals for 2015 or just goals in general, but I feel like with that label I can accomplish them without that New Years Resolution stress. So, here are some of my bookish and other goals for the year 2015.
1. Set my goodreads goal just a little higher. I have been setting lower goals because I start to feel the pressure, but then this year I read 10 more than I had planned on. So I’m thinking I could set my goal a little higher and see what I can accomplish.
2. Read more. Seriously, I spend a lot of time on netflix, the internet, etc. I don’t think that watching netflix is the worst, but spending more of that time reading would probably be more beneficial to me.
3. Get into audiobooks again. I used to listen pretty regularly. I know part of that was because I had a 45 minute drive to work, and listening to a book just filled the time a little bit more. But I could listen while on my breaks at work, while doing stuff around the house, etc. They are pretty easy to get on my phone too, so why not try a little harder.
4. To finish/catch up on some series that I’m reading. I’m in the middle of quite a few or just super behind. I think that if I would catch up on some then the number of series I’m drowning in would be a little less overwhelming (and at this moment I have the first book in a few series in my home right now…oops).
5. Read something on my TBR list that has been there for at least a year. There are some things that have just been sitting there and I have actual copies of that I just haven’t read. I want to read at least 5 this year, or more if it works out for me.
6. Re-read! I think this would really help when I hit my yearly reading slump (seriously…fall is a little rough for some reason on my reading). If I could re-read something I loved I think that I would come out of it a little more. Maybe re-read some Harry Potter or something else awesome?
7. Read some classics! Seriously, I have really loved the classics that I’ve read on my own for the most part. I have so many that I want to read and hope that I can try to dive into those as well. So much Austen I haven’t tackled yet, or Jane Eyre, or some of those classic “children’s” novels like Treasure Island or something else.
8. To write on here more. I just enjoy writing on here whether people read it or not. When I talk about books I’m reminded of what I liked about college and it makes me happy to do so. Whether people read it or not is pretty irrelevant to me. I think it’ll help me get more out of my reading too.
9. To write in general. My brother made me this really cool leather journal for Christmas. I don’t want to just fill it with my normal BS that I would fill a journal with. I want to really make it something cool, something special.
10. GET A NEW JOB! Yes, this is more personal to my life. I have to get out of where I’m at. As thankful as I am to have a job I realize I can’t stay here. It’s definitely done good things for me but it’s also been a pretty low point in my life. I need to find something that I can work mostly regular hours, that pays me just a little bit more, and that I really enjoy.
I think that’s a solid start, with some fairly attainable goals. I can add things in as well. My main focus is to accomplish some of these goals if not all. I’m really trying to make things better for myself in 2015, and I think some of these things would help. Any goals for you in 2015?